Sunday, March 1, 2009

Comments on My Review of Robert Duncan's "Bow"

Thank gawd I finally corrected one small part of my technical ineptness by allowing, two weeks ago, comments to show up in my email. Otherwise, I probably never would have seen a comment on my review of Duncan's Bending The Bow. Here's a link to that Jan 27 post, with its attendant dialogue.http://brianpalmu.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

If you've read Duncan, either that volume or anything else by him, please jump in. He's obviously still important in contemporary influence and concern. But rather than an academic connect-the-dots influence puzzle, I'd rather deal with the poems, which often get ignored or, at best, glossed over, when talking about "new styles or forms".

3 comments:

A.H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'll look for "An African Elegy". Thanks.

A.H. said...

You are right. It would be good to hear some modern readings of Duncan. So I'll offer one, just in case any out there is listening. This is an early reading of an early Duncan.

http://eshuneutics.blogspot.com/2006/05/black-mystery-of-robert-duncans.html

Jerome Rothenberg has begun a re-consideration of Duncan on his blog, in case that interests you. Best wishes. The poem in the interview is the famous elegy, well part of it.